Instagram

Friday 28 August 2015

AT THE EXPENSE OF SOUNDING LIKE MEG CABOT

I am not a worldly person.
And I sure don't know much about shoulds and shouldn'ts.
But there is one thing I cannot emphasize enough on is that Friends are supposed to make you feel good about yourself.

This is not the hardest thing in the world either.
Just be supportive.

Friends are the people who see the crazy in you, and join in.
They support your recklessness.
They are there.

And that, in the end, what matters the most.
Who was there and who was not?
<3_<3



It doesn't matter if we hang out every waking moment together or not
If we have our own private jokes and secrets or not

If I am in a pickle, you get me out of it.
That is the deal

But it is very easy to lose yourself in the friendships that we cherish. I do not mean it in a bad way.
But if you lose your personality in the relationships that you nurture, there is no going back if (and when) you are hung out to dry.

So know yourself inside and out.

Know what you are like, whether you are a happy person or a melancholy one
Know if you enjoy humour or drama

You should know what your idea of a good time is
Know how you deal with difficulties
Know how you deal with your own demons

You should know whether you are an independent person or a chronically dependent  one.
You should know what are your good qualities and what are your evils

So that when at night you go to sleep, you do not have any spoon fed ideas of yourself in your mind.

Be your own person.
And for that, you must listen to what others tell you and cross check with what you already know to be true.

Because if a lie is told repeatedly, it becomes the truth.

If you tell me over and over that  I make people around me miserable, I would believe it.

So do not let them dictate who you are in the middle of their blame game and power struggle.

And if someone makes you feel bad about yourself, trust me, they are no friends of yours.

 Note: You must be wondering where does Meg Cabot fit into this, so for those who have not read the Princess Diaries, Meg Cabot is the first person to have taught me about self-actualization. Yes, I know it sounds stupid. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment