Instagram

Tuesday 8 September 2015

For The Love Of Paper And Notebooks!

Disclaimer: I am not, I assure you, being paid to do this. I wish I was, but one can wish for many things and they just don't happen. *sigh*

In a totally non-addict way, I love the smell of paper.
Do I sniff the pages of a new book? Maybe.
Do I sniff the pages of an old book? Maybe.
Do I sniff pages in general? Well, I am just not that big a freak.

In total honesty, I have spent more time in book shops merely looking at books and stationery (and yes, of course I do  buy stuff occasionally) than I have ever spent buying clothes. To those of you who have seen the way I dress, it wont come as a surprise.

It is not just the novels, its the plain paper as well.
Its the notebooks and notepads.
Its the pens.
It is every last thing down to the wrapping papers. (I buy those too just for the fun of it)

So in midst of my crazy craving for some paper-sniffing this Ramzan, I discovered something ABSOLUTELY wonderful.

Truck Art Notebook

Paperworks is a Karachi based printing company that specialize in paper in all its diversities. Their Pakistan and its culture based notebooks and notepads are just one aspect of the great work they are doing. They make customized stuff as well. Yes, I am excited about those too.

Here are some samples of their innovative work:




Where can you buy these?
I personally bought mine from Al-Fatimi Book Store from Chaklala Scheme 3 Market. 
But they have their distributors well organized and in the form of a list. 


Adding to this list, the retailers in Lahore are Anees Book Corner, Gulberg.
How do I know that? I may have pestered the information out of their page admin by repeated and persistent messages.

You can also get yours online by choosing the item, design and the number from their catalogue here, Inbox or email them but online are orders are pre-paid with bank deposit. I personally run away from those. 
C.O.D FTW! 

What Do They Charge?
The notebooks, despite being pretty and stylish, are VERY reasonable.
Starting from merely PKR 190/- for A4 sized notebooks with 160 pages with three subject compartments, they cost you what a regular spiral notebook would, with the added factor of its being pretty.
I am very much stuck on the being pretty factor.

Why Am I Writing About Them?
Hoping that no one would sue me over this (I don't know If anyone can for promoting them in a non-profit blog), I just think that a good thing like this should be well known and well appreciated.

And hey, did I mention that they also REUSE, REDUCE and RECYCLE.
And for every ton paper you recycle, you save 17 trees.  Its true!!

So do buy their stuff. Or don't. 
I would very much like to be the only one with cool stationery.

No comments:

Post a Comment