Instagram

Tuesday 9 June 2015

SANDS OF TIME

Sand on the beach
Sand in the desert

Sand dunes made and unmade by the wind
Footprints made and unmade by the sea

And I sit at the shore, look at all this with my eyes wide open and mind completely blank.
Why didnt I see this before?
Why dont I know the truth when I have seen it a million times?



And after all I have been through, why should I still blame life for my own plight?

Shouldn't I know better?

Because what you make is as easily unmade.
Swiftly.
No fuss. No hands soiled.
Just a soul crushed, but who cares?

I want darkness
I want the sun gone
I want the night to be as dark as it can be.
I want my little dark corner back

Because I cannot afford to lose any more of my life here in this city
I have little left any way

Just a fistful of life
And a pinch of will to live it through.

Please donot take it away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment