Instagram

Saturday 21 November 2015

WHAT HAS MALALA DONE TO ME?

What has Malala done to me?

Nothing
To be very honest, yes, she has done nothing what so ever to harm me or as many of us believe, to Pakistan.

But since I am a cool, regular, rebel young Pakistani, I must hate her.
For what she has been portraying about my beloved country over the years
For running away like a coward
For meeting with Salman Rushdi
For her father got a job in the British Consulate
For this whole episode which by the way killed several students, was just a setup to defame Pakistan

I am a patriot and thus, I must hate her for being the "American pawn" in telling the world what a dangerous and unsafe place Pakistan is.


Lets take a moment.
Are these all the allegations that people have against Malala?
Maybe there are more

I have yet to meet a sensible person, with a sensible outlook on this issue.
There are several pro-Malalas and more than several anti-Malalas
But no one makes sense

So let me make up my own mind. Please.

I am a young rebel Pakistani.
I am a patriot.
I hate what the world thinks of Pakistan.
But I do not hate Malala.

I admire her for what she is.
For she has been going through
For what she stands up for
For making people like me, who sit at home complaining about life, realize how we should be doing more

Take a step back
Turn your head around
And re-evaluate all the allegations

Malala was a 15 year old little girl, about the same age when my only problem was that no one wished me birthday or my parents didn't get me a creamier cake, when her years long struggle of keeping a school open came to an end.

She was shot, for heaven's sake.
Her best friend died

And I question, why did you run away from this country? You are a coward!

But would you stay in the same place that threatened your life so?
Imagine you were given the same opportunity under, say, less dire circumstances,would you not take it?
And you haven't been in a hospital for being shot in the head yet.

So before I judge someone, whose situation I know nothing of, I should probably analyse myself.

Lets just put aside the fact that all Pakistanis believe (and maybe justly so) that America is behind the TTP.
And that this entire event was just a set up.

What has Malala really done to me?

For me, she hasn't been spoiling Pakistan's image.
She represents women for Pakistan. Yes.

But not as the destitute who are being slighted against

She is the image of a woman who takes a bullet and still stands back up for more
She is a woman who stands up for what she believes in
So what if in doing so, people take Pakistan as some country where terrorist don't let women study?

How can we, in our cosy bed and beautified drawing rooms, sitting in our luxurious cars and internationally recognized Universities, denounce and deny the truth of so many Pakistanis?

Was Malala's the first and the last school to be targeted thus?

Have you forgotten Aitzaz Hasan?
Have you forgotten 200 children of APS Peshawar?

Was that not testimony enough to the problems Malala has told us about?

Frankly, her stance is just education.
For women.
Terrorism is just a factor added by her heritage.


I won't go very far.
It shames me to admit that even my cousins weren't allowed to pursue higher education
Some not even the primary basic education
Because we are just backward in our mindset

It is very easy to deny all this harsh truth when my tummy is full and my bedside has three new novels that I would probably finish in a day.

So what Malala could possibly have done to tarnish this already scratched image?
She was the first Pakistani woman and the youngest Nobel Prize winner.

And it was said EVERYWHERE, that she did not deserve it
That if Eidhi didn't get one, how can she get one?

Eidhi is a man who doesn't need to be recognized with a prize to tell the world what he has done. 
Yes, he should get a Nobel Prize. 
But he is a man so great that he is beyond all praises and acknowledgements

Does that not make you proud that a woman,who no doubt have been the destitute in our society forever, has accomplished enough to be recognised so?

She has made Pakistani women proud.
She has told them that if you believe in something, you can do it no matter how hard it may seem.
She has shown us how gracefully a woman of her word can take the hatred of the entire nation for which she is fighting

Malala Foundation is now a custodian for promoting women education

We open our social media accounts and happily chat about how pretty Kendall is, or how much makeup Kylie puts on her face?
Did you see Kylie on her 18th birthday?
She finally got the lip job she wanted so bad.
But Oh Em Jee, she looks so weird with it.


Pity.
For here is a girl, who on her 18th, built a school for refugee girls.
Who instead of spending millions on a week worth of parties and celebrations, played footballs with girls who know longer have a life. A home.

So when she is acclaimed by many, many people who are also doing some good in the world, we turn our faces around.
Put on our ugly masks
And bicker over how she is a lucky bastard
How this too is a plan
How we should be the ones standing with David Beckham or Emma Watson should be interviewing us.


You and I
We are just jealous
And irrational

I admit to have been a part of all this
Because, sad and pathetic it may be, but I like to laugh at people.
Who doesn't like a good laugh?

But I have been wrong.
I have done wrong

We need to re-evaluate our lives
What good have I done for my country that I have the right to criticise someone else?
What am I standing up for?
What is my view point on life?
What is my struggle?

So next time, I open my mouth to say that Malala is just a propaganda, I would ask myself not what she has done to me but what she has done FOR me?

2 comments:

  1. Fatima Qayyum, yeh dekho!
    Sania ney naak katwa di humari.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sania baji ure an awesome blogger
    I am so in love wid what u write
    Its so captative yet factual
    Ure a born writer
    On this note seriuosly i strongy agree with u
    Despite so many people around me against malala
    I am a pro malala
    We cant imagine what she has been gone through
    We being pakistani love to just sit around and want some steamy issue and call everyone except us as traitors
    Like we are the biggest patroit whatsoever
    The point is we have to change our behaviours towards our heroes.
    Cz we always fight on petty issues and dont own our heroes
    The biggest example of which is Dr.Abdul Salam
    We fight on his religon that if hes a muslim or not
    For god sake pakistani is not a state of muslims only
    It holds different sects of religions
    And everyone has a right to live his own life according to princples he has in his life
    We are nobody to judge anyone
    I am going so far away to my point
    So in end i want to say
    If u cant achieve any accomplishment for ur country
    U are nobody to critisize who are doing it or who have done it
    Nobody would be giving a damn to what ure saying
    Cz they know u only say things u cant act upon them
    As
    GOOD TALKERS ARE LESS DOERS

    ReplyDelete