Instagram

Saturday 12 March 2016

Marvi

Marvi has been toying with my mind for three years now

Marvi is always there
Sitting, laughing, dancing, crying, sleeping even
Marvi is always there

It is the hold of a character on a writer
I don't tell her what to do
She tells me

She is a girl not bound by anything
Age
Time
Glee
Sorrow

She is a girl that every girl wants to be

So when she wispers in my ears, I let her run barefoot, in a crimson shalwaar, on muddy roads of Lahore in rain

I let her profess her undying devotion to the man she only just met even though it is a suicide

I let her smoke a pack of cigarettes in public when it is a tabboo

I let her choose the song for her story
I let her play it, 24/7
Because she wants to

I let her run away from all she has
I let run towards what she wants

Because she wouldn't have it any other way
She wouldn't be restrained
Not by logic
Not by reason
Not by propriety

It is the most wonderful thing ever
To love someone when they don't even exist except in your mind
To be with someone and be content with it
To want to be like someone yet you know it is impossible

Marvi has boarded a ship that will steer me to an island
To help me find my story
Or if she pleases, the ship will sail forever and the story will never be complete
It is Marvi's game
I am a humble servant

~ a writers musings

No comments:

Post a Comment