Instagram

Sunday 20 September 2015

HELP

Anxiety is a permanent companion for some.
To some, it comes and goes like a distant relation visiting on holidays.
And to some, it is just a myth created by the weak.

What baffles me is the ignorance among the oh-so-literate!

The minds of us, proud humans, are designed so that it is nearly impossible for us to accept that we need help.

Help getting things out of the car
Help doing the dishes
Help writing as essay
I am not talking about any one of these.

The real courage is to stand up and admit to the world that I need support.
Real professional help.

What is stopping you, I ask?

No one will understand

They will think I am crazy.

I probably won't get better anyway.


The social taboos and personal misgivings, so on and so forth.

But is the fear worth dying a slow sad death?

If I am being brave enough to ask for help, why won't you let me?
I may not be alive tomorrow for the hell inside my head if I don't get assistance.
I may be alive and may never forgive you for judging at the worst of times.
I may forever live in this sad, sad place and forever blame myself for the wrongs you have done.

I don't know which one is the worst.

Dying because someone was too narrow minded to get you/let you go to a doctor or lying awake, huddled in a corner and blaming yourself for things that couldn't have been your fault.

The depth of emotion that goes in these lines are not being properly expressed for the lack of my eloquence and haphazard nature of prose.

But the point is, we need to change our opinion about psychological support.
If someone needs it, they should get it.
No judgements and no fear associated should hold someone away from a chance of normalcy.

Because depression is the darkest end of the tunnel, and it is scary out there.

Simple gestures can save lives.
Smile supportively
Nod understandingly
Listen attentively
Most importantly, be a friend to someone who needs it badly.

For the one's who have gone through depression, feeling worthless is a very hard thing to accept.

Save some souls, while you can.


4 comments:

  1. Psychological support is often misinterpreted in our society, which is a sad thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psychological support is often misinterpreted in our society, which is a sad thing

    ReplyDelete