Instagram

Thursday 8 October 2015

Easy 20 Minutes Dessert When You Don't Have Any Good Ingredients

Studying late night can make your cravings go wild, especially when you are supposed to be on a diet.
And when all you have is disgusting diet food, your mind has a serious risk of crashing!

I should get dessert when I want dessert!

So when last night a friend (from the heavens!) brought in a pack of cream, I HAD to get up and whip something up.
I for one, strongly believe in microwave. Yes, I know its a potential cancer risk but so is a cell phone. Huh.



This may sound crazy but it is possible to boil rice in microwave. Desserts come much easier.

Mine looks like goober. :( 
 But I swear it was delicious!
All I had available was apples, Whole Wheat Slices, Nesvita and an old pack of Cocoa Powder. And now with the cream, I was still no where near a dessert. Or was I?

CRAZY DIET STUFF LAYER DESSERT
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Refrigerate for 30 mins
Serves 2 persons

You need:

1 medium sized apple
1 pack unsweetened cream
1 cup milk
2 packets of Whole Wheat Slices
1 pack cream
4 tbspn Sugar
1 tbspn Coffee
1 tbspn oil/butter
4 tbspn cocoa powder

Procedure:
1-  Cut the apple in thin slices and graze the slices with oil. Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar evenly over the slices. Microwave for 6 mins. You will get this.

  2- In a bowl add milk, 3tbspn sugar and 4 tbspn cocoa powder. Add a dash of oil. Microwave for 10 min. Stop the microwave every two min and stir.
homemade chocolate syrup
3- Add cream, a tbspn sugar an coffee in a bowl and whisk till it is thick, foamy in texture.
 

4- Crush the biscuits and start layering.

First add a layer of biscuits, then apples. Pour chocolate syrup over it. 
Then add biscuits and apples again and then chocolate.
Cover it all with cream.
Make patterns with cream and chocolate if you wish.

Cool it and enjoy!! 

5 comments:

  1. I'd totally try this dessert had I not been so lazy but oh well.
    Absolutely loving the look of your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!

      Btw do try! It barely takes any time. :)

      Delete
  2. You've mentioned two types of creams. One is unsweetened. The other one is,I presume sweetened? Which brand did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I took Olpers cream, unsweetened. And added a tablespoon of sugar and coffee in it. And whipped it. I hope it answers your query.

      Delete