Instagram

Friday 1 April 2016

Paradox

In a dialogue between Me and Me
In a mirror
Or a pond
Or maybe in a broken piece of glass
That showed no reflection
Other than the truth

Two faces face each other
One so ugly that the other looked away
And the other so angelic that held My gaze

So when I talk

I agree with myself
And I oppose myself
I tell the truth
And I lie

Its a paradox
Its a contradiction
Its a collision

But I tell myself that it is a dream because I grow uglier on one side of the mirror
And I get scared on the other

How do you tell your dreams apart from reality?

Because the ugliness and horror is more real
For Me and Me both



How do you know that you are sane?
Because it is equally maddening for Me and Me

How do you decide what side of Me to let out in the world?
Because in all fairness, the ugly you is you after all

Is it not unfair to that part of you? Is it not a slight to keep it hidden?

What if that Me faired better in the world than the Me who licks your ass and prays for love?

So what I really want to ask is, are my nightmares really nightmares? 
Or is it just a reflection of how dark a person one can be, if one is let lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment