Instagram

Wednesday 30 December 2015

Finding Jannah



I admit to have looked under my mother's feet in my childhood and finding Jannah.
It seemed dubious to me that the prized and promised gardens and fountains and palaces could be under those small feet. Then again there are millions of mothers in the world and each has two feet.
Its could be possible, I thought.

But as I grow older, I realized that my mothers laughter, when I was looking for Jannah, was not because of her ticklish soles but at my innocence.

Hazoor e Akram (P.B.U.H) said, "Badqismat hai wo shakhs jisne apni zindagi mein apnay burhay maa baap ko paya aur unki khidmat krk jannat na pas ska."



It is that easy
Our path to ultimate exoneration
Our path to Allah's razaa
Our path to becoming our Prophet's ummati

At that time, Sahaba (R.A), who had more perfect imaan than we can ever hope to achieve, must have found the hadith so out of place.

How can a child be so insolent and heartless as not to take care of his parents?
How is it even possible?
Must be another world.

It turns out our Nabi (S.A.W) was infact talking about us
The unlucky ummah
The youth of 21st century
The "na-farmaan"
The heartless

Its almost fashionable- God forbid- not to do chores.
Its against our nature to do something for someone unasked
It is utterly shameless how we treat our elders, our parents, our teachers

But that is how it is done
So what if the dishes are not done
My mother will do them
Its her "duty" so as to say

Allah maaf kren

To do what is asked by our parents, its is farz
To do what is unasked,it is "afzal"

Kya faida us ehsas ka jo kisi ko keh kr kraya jaye?
And what is the use of such affection that you have to constantly remind the other person?

I ask myself, "Have I done enough? For my mother and my father?
Is my duty over?
Is this it?"

And my soul replies, as Allah Subhana wa ta'alla says in the Holy Quran that obey your parents in everything, with open heart. Unless it is against Islam. Then try to convince them otherwise.
Take care of and love your parents and find happiness within it and do not complain.

The reason I always give myself to get up and work for my parents, no matter how tired or in pain I may be, is that I can never be in as much pain as my mother.
I can never be as tired too.
Personally speaking, my mother suffers from sciatica. With the on and off leg pain I get, I can relate to the daily agony she goes through.
So it will never be enough, no matter how much I help her.

It is always, ALWAYS, taken negatively, when I or someone else for that matter tries to tell someone to be mindful of this duty towards their parents.

It is not a holier than thou lecture
It is not to demean you
It is not for my benefit, I donot gain anything from it.
It is for you. And your quest, however forgotten, to find Jannah

Are we not afraid?
Are we so perfect in our amaal and so sure of our virtues that we do not fear facing our Lord, should the Day of Judgement be today?
Or are we immortal and do not ever hope to answer for our deeds?
Are our prayers perfect and our ikhlaq a model for others?
Are our huqooq ul ibad all paid? And those of our Khaliq all secure?

Or maybe we donot see the end as near as it is

Huzoor e Akram (S.A.W) while pointing out the days near Akhirah, told his companions that the Day of Judgement will be very near when old mothers will do chores while young daughters will sit, unoccupied.

It is upon us.
And we still sleep every night with every hope to wake up the next morning
And the next

Donot put off the change you want/need to bring about in your life until later
There may be no later
And then, there wont be any time for regrets 

No comments:

Post a Comment